Monday, July 19, 2010

Francesca Battistelli - Beautiful Beautiful

If you have never heard of Francesca Battistelli, then let me enrich your life today. Francesca appeared on a national Christian stage back in 2008 with her hit songs "Free to Be Me" and "I'm Letting Go" from her album My Paper Heart. Since then she has gone on to win and receive recognition for various awards like the Dove Award for Best Female Vocalist of the year, best song of the year, and even a Grammy Nomination for Best Gospel Performance. Even with all this success in her music career, Francesca maintains a down to earth sense of what is really important in life.
Her love of music was active long before she became a recognizable name in the Christian music industry. Francesca grew up with a passion for music: at 15 she was a part of a small all-girl mainstream pop group. When that stage in her life concluded she found her passion for music could be applied with her heart for youth ministry. Francesca shares, “It was there where the Lord really captured my heart for Christian music. I started playing guitar and really longed to bring something authentic to the scene that even non-Christians could listen to.” Francesca set out to write “soulful pop music that someone pops in in the morning and says, ‘Now I can start my day, I feel encouraged.’” From my experience with her music, her songs hold meaning and important lessons from God's Word, especially for young girls. They are also just fun to sing along with!
Her new song "Beautiful Beautiful" is one she co-wrote with renowned producer Ian Eskelin. This song talks about second chances and the opportunity to begin each new day with a fresh start.

(I apologize profusely about the quality of the video. It was the only one that I could use that was of the music video. If you can't stand it, try listening to it on Francesca's YouTube page www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCfyZHSQbE)

No comments:

New Release

Today's new release is from Jeremy Camp. His new cd "The Story's Not Over" is now in store. Stop on by and grab a copy. 😊...