Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolutions: What Love Really Means

I was thinking about what to write about this week, so I asked a co-worker, Erin, what I should do. She told me that well it is a time for new year's resolutions, but then we joked around that those never pan out. I really never make resolutions because two days is the overall average that they last. Then today I was listening to some music and came upon "What Love Really Means" by J.J. Heller. Now, I have heard this song before, but this time when I heard it I thought of my sister, who I don't always get along with. The funny thing is that this past Christmas we had drawn each other's names, so she has been on my mind a lot this holiday season. We don't really talk or see each other much, except of what she writes on Facebook. We have a history of causing each other emotional pain. I love her, but at times I don't know how to. This song resonates with these thoughts. "I will love her for her, not for what she has done, or for what she will become." Who is she? She is Katie: my sister, who is a joy to my heart, daughter to my parents, an adopted daughter of God, who Jesus died for to bring her eternal life, a good friend, and someone whose favorite color is pink.
My new year's resolution is to love her as Christ loves and teaches us to love.
Katie, this song I dedicate to you...

No comments:

New Release

Today's new release is from Jeremy Camp. His new cd "The Story's Not Over" is now in store. Stop on by and grab a copy. 😊...