Monday, December 5, 2011

Advent: A Week of Perparation

The second week of Advent uses the purple candle of preparation or the Bethlehem candle. This week is about preparing not only decorations, but preparing our selves spiritually for the coming of Christ. For this week I am reminded of the actions the old priests of the Old Testament would go through in order to purify themselves. Now I am aware that those were part of the system of works and outward cleansing, but they saw it more as an outward sign of inward cleansing. This raises the question of what in my life I need cleansing. Are my relationships hurting? Am I too wrapped up in the buying of presents that I forget the real reason of Christmas?
The song for this week is a classic by Jars of Clay, "The Little Drummer Boy."

No comments:

New Release

Today's new release is from Jeremy Camp. His new cd "The Story's Not Over" is now in store. Stop on by and grab a copy. 😊...