Monday, November 15, 2010

Chris Tomlin's "And If Our God is for Us"

       Worship leader Chris Tomlin's newest project And If Our God is for Us releases tomorrow, November 16, 2010. One of the smart things that Tomlin does with his songs is that he always tests his new songs on concert audiences. Tomlin is also involved with a new church project in Atlanta, GA called Passion City Church. It named after the Passion Conference of which he is one of the leaders. 
       All that being said, this is an amazing project of Tomlin's. I had the chance to preview this album, and I absolutely love it just like the previous projects. The only bad thing is that I don't know which of his projects are my favorite. Guess it is a good thing that I own them all. I also encourage everyone to own his entire collection (I really don't always say this either). In regards to acquiring the collection, his previous projects go on sale at various times and this new one will be on sale till Christmas.
         For And If Our God is for Us, his popular single Our God is on this project. Before this song was only available on Passion's Awakening. The project derives the title from this amazing song. Another great song on this project is I Will Follow. This song's powerful message is all about being a follower or disciple of Jesus. I once heard that back in the day, to be a disciple of anyone you would model your entire life after who you following. When someone looked at the disciple, they would see the leader (Jesus). How amazing this is that when someone looks at you, they see Christ living in you.
"Where you go, I will go
Where you stay, I will stay
Where you move, I will move
I will follow
Who you love, I will love
How you serve, I will serve
I this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you"

1 comment:

yachie21 said...

I love how he gives a magic touch on the songs... very original and soul touching...

New Release

Today's new release is from Jeremy Camp. His new cd "The Story's Not Over" is now in store. Stop on by and grab a copy. 😊...