Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Day Set Aside to Honour Fathers

      Studies have shown that having a father in one's life is a necessary element, even if they are 5 or 55. That necessary element has an impact that can be positive or negative.  Every person needs a father. Sadly for many, the only great father that they will ever have in their life is their Heavenly Father. 
     We all need a father who is more than just one in name. It is said that there are many fathers, but few "Daddys." Some men choose to be "fathers" to those that do not have one present in their lives. I salute all courageous fathers who step up to the plate and provide a positive impact in the lives of their children. What does a positive impact look like? Being a girl there is only so much that I can conclude, so I asked the father's of our store (on the spot I might add).
What does it mean to be a good father?
      "The predicable answer is that of a spiritual nature. Even though everyone says it, it is still important to leave a good spiritual legacy for our next generation to have. Also providing food, clothes, room and board is always essential in a safe environment." - Louis
     
      "To tell your children that you love them, and to tell them a lot" - Lanny
      
      "A father is something like a role model. To have a communication of love that is both vocal and seen in actions" - Greg
      
      "I would want my daughter to describe me as funny but there for me. To be dependable." - Josh (new father of a 9 month old)


      "I would protect my daughter and give her my support. Encouraging her when she faces the challenges of life." - Chase (new father of a 2 month old)
     
      The movie Courageous is coming to theaters September 30. It is a movie to inspire men and fathers especially to live with honor. This movie is one worth seeing, it will make you laugh and become slightly emotional.

Lastly, Thank You Dad for being a positive part of my life. Though miles may separate us this weekend, 
you are always in my heart.

No comments:

New Release

Today's new release is from Jeremy Camp. His new cd "The Story's Not Over" is now in store. Stop on by and grab a copy. 😊...