Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Road of Tricia Brock

If one likes the softer songs of Superchick and the worship music of Meredith Andrew, Laura Story, or the modern hymns of Keith and Kristyn Getty, then one will love the worship music of Tricia Brock.


Tricia is the lead singer of Superchick and has been for the last 13 years. This is her first solo album.
      "I love singing rock and always will. But going back to my roots, I grew up in a church where hymns were the worship norm, and I still have a love for them! For the reverance in the lyrics and the way they were written, not being afraid of keeping the thees and thous. There was just something special to me about How Great Thou Art, Amazing Grace, Leaning On the Everlasting Arms...so I wanted to bring that love into this album. More importantly I wanted lyrically to reflect my heart of worship and the place I find myself in my journey with God, my road to Holiness."


The Road is a reflection of the journey Tricia and her husband Nick have been travelling for the last few years. It hasn't been an easy path they found themselves on. They have been walking through an ongoing battle with cancer with Nick's mom, almost lost Tricia's mom to a heart attack 2 years ago, have had health scares of their own, all leading up to the start of the album. Next is her voice describing a part of her life's journey.
      "Anyone who has  walked through a wilderness of your own will know where I was last year. I just felt like we couldn't handle another disappointment, another closed door, another year of feeling like we had unanswered prayers. Not only us, but all around us we have family and friends affected by the economy, losing jobs, seeing dreams lost, trudging though this battle of their faith. And we have seen them make it through. It seems that sometimes God allows times where we don't see Him, we don't feel Him, we ask the hard questions...but always He has rescued us just in time. This album was my way of saying I will worship Him when I don't have all the answers, when I haven't seen my dreams fulfilled, when I might feel like there is no song left to sing. But I still believe He will rescue, He will heal what is broken in all of us, He will be faithful to make our lives what He knows they can be.
      So this winter we were mostly done and working on the final vocals for the album, I found out that I was pregnant, right around Christmas and couldn't have been happier. It felt like this baby was kind of an answer to so many prayers for so long, and my dream of being a mom was finally here. And then in January I found out I had lost the baby around 5 weeks. Finishing the record was one of the hardest thing I have ever done. I have gone through so many stages of dealing with the hardest loss I have ever known. I still have days where it is hard to accept and I am angry and confused with God. But I was able to look back at songs we had written months before and see that God knew. He knew the songs I would need to sing that would breathe some peace and some hope back into me. And I guess the comfort in that is that He has never left me. He sees our tears and our sorrows, and without answers to all my questions I just believe that one day it will make sense and that He will redeem all that was lost."


I hope that you will enjoy the album as I have enjoyed it. There is a real honest tone to the songs that pulls at the soul. Here is her first of many singles...

No comments:

New Release

Today's new release is from Jeremy Camp. His new cd "The Story's Not Over" is now in store. Stop on by and grab a copy. 😊...